Miyerkules, Pebrero 18, 2015

Kiwi Trellis Design

So here are a few of my design for the kiwi trellis. Growing the Kiwi vine is probably my most ambitious plan. More so growing 4 plants! I've never heard of anyone growing the plant here in the Philippines. But I read it is local to us East Asians. New Zealand was only able to commercially grow it in the 1950's if my facts are correct. The idea of growing this vine was enough to leave me sleepless for nights thinking and looking for a design for my Kiwi trellis.

So far thou, out of probably 50 kiwi seeds that I germinated only 4 or 6 survive. I was anguished. But who's to say that I don't deserve it? My latest wipe out was because I forgot to water my kiwis one afternoon. Oh my poor little sensitive kiwis seedlings :(
Kiwi vines grow upto 40' if unchecked. A happy healthy kiwi pruned 16' :)

I follow the Imperial measurement system so all my sizes are in inches (").


Below is the design for my Aluminum Kiwi trellis.
I will be using 1 3/4 x 1 3/4 tubular for everything. Except for the Green box. That's the final planting place of the kiwi. I read that a mature kiwi in a container will need a 24"x 24" x 24" box to house the root system. To weigh down a light material, I might need cement blocks at the lower left and right legs of the trellis.


Below is a design of a Wooden (aqua) and Cement (blue) trellis. I need the cement to hold the tall structure in place. The measurements above and the Green box still apply here.


Here is another design with Planter boxes attached to the trellis. That should hold this huge of a structure down!


 SO there you have it. All my hopes and dreams summed up. A few drawings of a plan that I really REALLY hope will succeed. Thank you for reading and happy planting!



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento